Thursday, March 13, 2008

White Ironstone Collection



I fell in love with ironstone at an antique show years ago , where the vendor had only white ironstone. I had never seen anyone specialize in it before and it just was right for me. I`ve collected many pieces , whatever I`ve been able to find over the years, and this is what I`ve ended up with after the cleaning out. Nothing out of the ordinary really but as a grouping I love how it looks. I can look at a piece and remember where I first saw it . Whether it was early one morning at a yard sale or at the flea market in the dark with a flashlight, or at auction.
Even the old buffet it`s on I found at a yard sale, now it was the yard sale of an antique dealer I know, but still, I really like the shape of it. It all looked so serious when I looked at it, so I had to add the bunny in the dress to lighten it up a bit.

2 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Wow!! You have quite a collection Mel! I love white ironstone. I only have a few pieces. The pitchers are my favorite. :> )
~Peanut

Lana Manis said...

Melanee, your ironstone display is beautiful. That old buffet that you painted is the perfect foundation to the vignette.